Yum, yum, yum and yum again! If this were in front of me “fa reals,” I would totally inhale it! And it goes perfectly with this week’s very berry wedding theme! Best suited for a Summer or Fall wedding, this Raspberry Cream Tart would be a festive fanciful addition to your nuptial feast!
Midwest Living (*woot woot* to all born in the Midwest like me!) provides us with the recipe for this tasty tart. Here you go!
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cool 30 mins
- Bake 35 mins
- 1 16 1/2 – milliliter roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 3 – ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh red raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries (optional)
- Press cookie dough slices into bottom and fluted sides of a greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Do not prick. (Or, press onto bottom of greased 12-inch pizza pan.) Bake in a 350 degrees F oven 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup sugar, egg, lemon peel, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until combined. Pour cheese mixture over warm crust and spread evenly.
- Place the 2 cups raspberries in a single layer on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle raspberries with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes more or until or until cheese mixture is set. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with additional fresh berries, if you like. Makes 8 servings.