Idojour.com is a new online bridal boutique offering a curated selection of chic wedding day must-haves!
You found a dress you absolutely adore. It fits you like a glove and is a reflection of your style and personality. But the dress is just the first (and, of course, most important) piece of your overall wedding day look. The question is, how do you bring it all together?
10 Do’s and Don’ts for Your Wedding Day Accessories
- Don’t let your accessories compete with your gown. The focus should be on you and your beautiful dress.
- Do remember that you have options. Wearing a veil is not a requirement, even though most brides opt for one. If a veil is not for you, consider a small cage veil, tiara, headband, hairpins, a fascinator or flowers! The important thing is to be true to yourself and your style.
- Do consider adding a belt or sash to your gown. They are a great way to add some sparkle, detail and personality to your wedding day look, whether it’s a wide band of colored fabric, a thin strip of black or elaborate pieces with beads and pearls. Remember that sashes draw attention to the midsection and define it so be sure to experiment with different widths and embellishments.
- Don’t go overboard with the bling. If you are wearing dramatic earrings and a chunky bracelet, skip the necklace. Or pair a large necklace with delicate studs or small drop earrings.
- Do experiment with statement pieces. Not going overboard does not mean you shouldn’t go big. If you’re wearing your hair down, choose a dramatic pair of chandelier earrings (dainty ones will get lost in the shuffle). If you’re wearing a strapless sheath, by all means wear that chunky statement necklace!
- Don’t be afraid to change your look. For the ceremony you might opt for a classic look such as a chapel veil that frames your silhouette. (A great and versatile veil is the Blaise 45″ veil by Justine M Couture. It’s shape works with all gowns and you can order it a variety of lengths). At the reception, swap out the veil for a horsehair fascinator or oversized flower for a more relaxed, fun look.
- Do consider pairing your dress with a jacket or shrug. They are elegant, unique and certain to add some glamor to your wedding day look.
- Don’t forget about the purse: clutches are a wonderful way to accessorize your wedding look and you can definitely have fun with beadwork, feathers and other embellishments.
- Do think about your backside: If you have a simple gown with no intricate beading, consider adding a glam brooch to your bustle! It will definitely bring a nice detail to the back of your gown.
At the end of the day, don’t be afraid to experiment and just have fun accessorizing!
About the Author
Rosanna Casper, co-founder of Idojour.com, a new wedding website where brides, grooms, family, and friends can purchase a stylish and affordable mix of beautifully curated pieces. Designed to make wedding planning all the more inspiring and enjoyable, Idojour offers accessories and apparel for your wedding weekend, complemented by both inspirational and practical content. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.